CALL FOR CREATIVE WRITERS
TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR) FOR CREATIVE WRITERS
(POOL OF WRITERS)
JOB TYPE: Seasonal employment
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 23th January 2023
Femina Hip is an award-winning multimedia platform that works with Tanzanian youth, communities, and strategic partners. We specifically target young women and men between the ages of 13 and 30. Our work aims to promote healthy lifestyles, sexual and reproductive health and rights, economic empowerment, citizen participation, and gender equality. We do this through our ‘edutainment’ vehicles (print magazine, radio, social media, and other digital platforms).
- FEMA MAGAZINE
The Fema Magazine has been produced and printed quarterly for 24 years in Tanzania. It has one of the largest print runs and is one of the most popular and well-known magazines in the country. It is distributed to secondary schools, Folk Development Colleges, local government, and civil society partners across Tanzania. The magazine content includes sections on all of Femina Hip’s strategic agendas: Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, Economic Empowerment, Citizen Engagement and Youth Connect (Digitalization).
Every issue of the magazine carries a theme campaign and is gathered from different regions of Tanzania, highlighting various parts of the country, and fostering a sense of ‘nationhood'.
18 – 30 years old.
You are good at:
- Conducting research and telling stories.
- Collaborating with others.
- You are passionate about the mission of Femina Hip.
- You love taking initiative and inspiring others with your enthusiasm.
- You love to create engaging content.
What you’ll do
- Actively participate in Fema magazine theme ideation meetings when required.
- Conduct research before and during the writing process.
- Conduct thorough fact-checks before submitting any work.
- Ensure the logical flow and grammatical accuracy of all writing work you produce.
- Attend training, feedback sessions and make revisions suggested by leadership, others on the media team, and the publisher as needed.
- Comply with Femina Hip media policies and guidelines.
- Interact with Fema magazine audience members
What you’ll gain
- Growth in writing skills.
- Experience working with youth.
- Networking and having fun.
NB: This is not a job and does not necessarily lead to employment.
Payment will be done per completion of task.
To apply: Send your CV and a 800 words creative, educative, fun, piece of writing on a topic of your choice to email@example.com with subject line – Pool of Writers.